July 4th Fantastic Fun Facts
To celebrate our nation’s favorite holiday we’ve compiled a list of some of the fun Independence Day facts.
The Fourth of July is a spectacular day: fireworks, picnics and music all in the name of our country’s freedom. So while you’re out having a great time with family and friends, here is some trivia to share:
Did You Know??
Source: CNN, US Census Bureau, Ancestry.com
- Uncle Sam was a real person? Uncle Sam’s was named after Samuel Wilson.
- How many Hot Dogs are consumed on July 4th? Approximately 150 million (that’s a whole lot of buns)
- What percentage of American Households have an outdoor grill? 87% (so, what’s up with the other 13%)
- What is the amount of fireworks sold to cities for public celebrations? 25 million pounds. (that’s about 2,500 full grown elephants, yowza)
- Enjoy Your Day Off Without Pay? Congress made Independence Day an official unpaid holiday for federal employees in 1870. (Yes, family fun day!!!)
- July 4th is National Caesar Salad Day? In 1924 the salad was created on a busy weekend at Caesar (Cesare) Cardini Caesar’s Restaurant. (Guess it wasn’t named after Julius Ceasar after all, haha)
- The first official Fourth of July party was held at the White House in 1801? Yes, they should have hired a professional event planner, it would not have taken 25 years. Haha (speaking of the White House, President Obama’s Daughter Malia was born on July 4th, Happy Birthday Malia!!)
How do you and your family celebrate the 4th of July? We would love to read your comments below.
Always Remember, Life truly is a Party!